Pages

Wednesday 8 August 2012

Samantha's Secret | Chanel Tan de Chanel

I didn't mean to buy this.

At least, I didn't set out meaning to get it, but I've been trying to find the perfect bronzer for ages. My needs were quite specific - I wanted a large, round palette to get a good swirl on with a chunky brush. It needed to be matte, no shimmer and in a luxurious compact, not a Rimmel-type with a plastic lid. I think I have something like the limited edition Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess bronzer in mind, but I couldn't find anything like it anywhere.

So I was wandering around Debenhams when my puzzled expression must have attracted one of the counter girls who asked if I needed help. She suggested a Guerlain bronzer, but not wanting to shell out fifty quid for it I ended up at Chanel where the lovely lady there took me straight to the Tan de Chanel. I don't know why this had not come to mind before, particularly with all the recent hype, and especially since my idols Sam and Nic Pixiwoo have used this in gazillions of videos for the last few months! I was sold.


It is of course in the gorgeous classic Chanel black and gold packaging, with a sturdy screw lid and protective layer over the mousse-like bronzer. I didn't exactly fulfill all my bronzer requirements since its not exactly a compact and you probably wouldn't lug it out with you.


Its strange to apply as being a creamy product, and in only 1 shade, your initial reaction is to want to use it sparingly, but you do need to get a good amount on your brush for it to blend. I have been using the EcoTools Bronzer Brush - you need quite a firm, flat dense brush to buff in so the Real Techniques Stippling brush didn't apply that well. A small kabuki would equally be great, which is what the lady used on the counter to demonstrate.


The finished effect is a glowing, bronzed complexion. I feel that my face appears slimmer and contoured, more so than any other product I have used! I love the glow that it gives, but as it does only come in one (quite dark) shade, I don't know how well it would work on fair skin. I am fair but usually tanned, and have freckles all over so I feel that it works for me as long as I blend well.

I am still on the hunt for a powder bronzer in compact form - what is everyone's favorite? Any recommendations?? I want a round one for some reason!






5 comments:

  1. Ah, I've been toying with the idea of getting this for ages, but I'm quite pale so I keep chickening out; it's so tempting when I read so many glowing (no pun intended!) reviews on it, though.
    I absolutely adore ELF's translucent bronzer compact, it does have a slight shimmer to it, though, so it might not be your kind of thing, depending on what you're looking for in a compact! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good - it is dark but if you use it sparingly and blend well it should work fine!!xx

      Delete
  2. I really want to try this product.

    Have you thought about the MAC matte bronzer? It's matte, round and in a compact? I've been using it for years, it's really good xx

    www.beautyshewrote.info

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion! I guess I know that Mac bronzers are there as a last resort - I just want something a little more special!xx

      Delete
  3. This looks gorgeous :)
    I have always had trouble finding a bronzer that suits me. I finally found Nars Laguna earlier this year but for some silly reason I still always want to try new bronzers out too {';'}

    Anyways, I found you through the BBU Blog Hop. You have such a lovely little online space. Now following.

    Louise xx

    http://confessionsofasecretshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

What do you think cupcakes?