Pages

Friday 10 August 2012

Samantha's Secret | Laura Mercier Sequin Eye Colour

This is my first purchase from Laura Mercier, and I was lucky enough to pick up one of these Sequin Eye Colour individual eyeshadows for a ridiculous £2 in the Space NK sale.

 
The packaging is sturdy, expensive and sleek; exactly what I expected from the brand. I ordered a lovely pink shade: Brilliant Rose.

 
I was so massively disappointed by this product. I don't know what I expected, having snapped it up for a mere £2, but still this shadow was just pathetic. As you can see I've included a swatch photo on my finger, where the colour looks gorgeous (I was very excited at this point) but when I went to apply to the back of my hand, the colour literally did not transfer at all and I was just pushing around a couple of specks of glitter. The same thing happened when I used a brush.

I can't comment on texture, how it blends, durability or even colour payoff since this product has not yet made it onto my face. I'm so sad :( but not overly suprised now that it was selling at such a low price.

Has anyone tryed any other LM eye products? I haven't written off the brand at all, as I know they make some great products, but it's still a disappointment as I was so excited to recieve it!!

 

9 comments:

  1. That's a shame after finding it at such a low price x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colour looks so pretty, such a shame it's so badly pigmented. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a nice colour, shame about its quality! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a beautiful colour, thats a shame! I'm a new follower, i'd love if you checked out my blog and follow back if you'd like! xx
    Beauty by T

    ReplyDelete
  5. How annoying! Good thing you didn't pay full price for this, I'll be sure to keep away from LM eye products!

    www.jacsbeautyspot.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete

What do you think cupcakes?