Pages

Thursday 9 August 2012

Samantha's Secret | Revlon Just Bitten Balm Stains

I've been looking forward to trying these out ever since their release was announced. I have 2 shades to show: Devotion and Rendezvous.

They are infamously similar to the Clinique Chubby Sticks in packaging and concept. I haven't ever bought a chubby stick, but having swatched them extensively I have always come to the conclusion that they are horrifically expensive for what is essentially a glorified lip balm!

Cherish
Rendezvous
These, however, give a quick easy slick of moisturising colour and then stain the lips for hours afterwards. For me this is quite a big deal as I have fairly thin lips and no lipstick or stains ever really last very long, but these genuinely sit for hours. I love them!

Top: Cherish Bottom: Rendezvous
As you can see the balm stains are very pigmented, go on very glossy at first, and this gloss lasts an hour or so or until you first eat or drink. The stain will then stay on for another few hours. The only downside I find with these are the smell upon application - sort of mint choc chip-ish? Just ew. I would expect a fruity or vanilla scent, but I find the fake minty smell a bit gross. I do find though that on my lips the slight minty sting puffs my lips so slightly.

I can't recommend these stains enough - I'm going to get all the colours! I now just wish I was brave enough to show lip swatches!!


2 comments:

  1. I've got Cherish and love it!! I swatched Rendezvous but I thought it might clash with the colour of my skin haha x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shade Cherish! May have to try these, damn spending ban.

    www.jacsbeautyspot.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete

What do you think cupcakes?